Sorry, I got your point, I was just trying to look on the bright side. I do agree with you, it’s not something to have fun doing and getting attention for doing it. It’s there to raise awareness. Or at least donate if you’re going to do it.
Precisely, my friend.
So please, anyone who follows me and thought it’d be ‘fun’ to do the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Go ahead- but PLEASE RAISE AWARENESS FOR ALS WHILE DOING SO.
Well, at least due to its hype, it’s raised millions of dollars apparently…
You’re mistaking my point. I’m totally glad for the organization that the fact that it GOT hyped raised so much money..
But it has SINCE devolved to just some kind of meme. This ISN’T helping anymore. People aren’t even mentioning the disease.. It’s just become a dare between friends.
Even if people are doing it for fun, at least mention the disease. It’s THREE LETTERS. But most of them just don’t even refer to it. And THAT is what bothers me.
Bit disappointed with all the recent ‘Ice Bucket challenges’..
As if it has become a hype to do some kinda challenge, instead of.. y’know.. it’s actual purpose..
That is, bringing awareness to ALS. Which is precisely what it actually started as. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, aka Motor Neurone Disorder (MND), aka Lou Gehrig’s disease.
If you do the Ice Bucket Challenge, have the decency to actually use it to raise awareness. It’s not meant to be some hype thing, like the cinnamon challenge. :/
So, not sure how many people have heard about this already, but…
I’m looking forward to this! :D
I’m not. It looks like they just reskinned some enemies, added a few more animations.. I bet ‘New Hades’ is pretty much the same as Stilwater, AGAIN..
…and yet, I know I’m going to throw my money at it, just like I probably will with Borderlands. :|
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.— Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via notcapableoflove)
[18:05:03] Ash: Hey
[18:05:16] Speedy: Hey
[18:05:24] Ash: How are you doing
[18:05:29] Speedy: I’m alright, you?
[18:05:39] Speedy: Went to Ikea yet? This is where they have GENUINE swedish meatballs..
[18:05:53] Ash: OH GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT INTERACTION
[18:06:17] Ash: I will have genuine Swedish meatballs in your honor
[18:06:30] Speedy salutes.
The Swedish Meatball saga continues!